We are open and taking bookings for School Groups for dates from 19th April
Outdoor Education at its Best
It has been tough times for everyone, and with light at the end of the tunnel, we are now ready to open and our office is available 9.00am to 5.00pm each weekday to answer any queries or process your booking. To help support your stay we have adjusted our terms and conditions, with no payment now due until 6 weeks prior to arrival for new bookings between 19th April and 17th July 2021. To further enable your visit we have reduced the required minimum group size to 6. Significant bursary funding is available, following successful application, to help reduce the overall cost of your stay.
Now Providing Day Activities
Please note we can provide day activity sessions for school groups. These take the place of a full residential and allow schools to still come and have a brilliant time at Calvert Lakes without having to stay. Sessions might include canoeing, high ropes, cycling or indoor climbing and can be tailor-made to suit your requirements.
Please contact the Bookings Team on 017687 72255 to discuss your requirements
We welcome a wide variety of school groups to the centre throughout the year who enjoy the benefits of a residential outdoor activity break. As a SENCO or school group residential leader, be rest assured that our facilities and activities are fully accessible with specialist adapted equipment operated by expert and experienced staff.
A school group is defined as a group of 6 or more people, which includes pupils/service users, staff, care support or workers etc.
“We had an amazing time at Calvert Trust. We achieved more than we could have hoped for. We formed new friendships and made memories that will last a lifetime. We tried things that we never thought were possible!”
A residential ‘Learning Outside the Classroom’ visit should be fun for all involved, but with good planning, there can be other additional benefits and quantifiable outcomes. The degree to which these outcomes are achieved very much depends on whether your goals are recreational, educational, social, rehabilitative, or all of them! Both before and during your visit we will work with you to deliver your goals, with much of what we do being applicable to a ‘Skilled for Life’ or similar programme.
All school groups have access at certain times in the evenings to our state-of-the-art hydrotherapy pool and sensory room, plus use of the games room and sports hall. There are plenty of opportunities for socialising and team-building after a busy day of activities.Use our price calculator to compare prices for group size and time of year
Schools Information Pack
We have put together some teaching aids and information packs for use by schools, colleges and educational groups who are either thinking of making a booking or have already made a booking to the Calvert Trust. Show your students what they can look forward to when visiting the Calvert Trust Lakes!
School Group Bookings
As a school group, you will be able to:
- Book any time of year (except over Christmas and New Year), if we have availability.
- Choose your group size* from 6 up to a full-centre booking of 60 people (* please refer to our Group Pricing Policy below)
- Choose the duration of your stay:
– Weekends (2 or 3 nights, Friday – Sunday or Monday with 2 full days of activities)
– Midweeks (4 nights, Monday – Friday with 3 full days of activities)
– Full weeks (7 nights, usually Saturday – Saturday with 6 full days of activities)
- Tailor the activity programme to your pupils needs. Both before and during your visit we will work with you to deliver your goals. Following a pre-visit discussion with one of the Activity Managers, you can request a selection of our activities to suit your group. Whether your are interested in rehabilitation, building confidence and independence, developing social skills, or just having fun outdoors together, our experienced team will make the most of your school group’s visit to the centre.
- Bring any combination of ages, plus staff, volunteers or professional care workers if need be.
If your school or college has never been to the Lake District Calvert Trust before, or if you would just like to ‘try before you buy’ you can always come up for a visit. A good way to do this is to join our Introductory Weekends in March 2020. This is free weekend for two teachers/group leaders who are looking to bring a group of 12 or more (pupils + staff).
Group Pricing Policy.
Due to the logistics of running a course we have a group pricing policy, starting at a minimum group size of 6 people. This increases in increments of 6, up to 60 people (ie the next ‘price band’ is for 12 people, then 18, then 24 etc). If you therefore have a group of, for example, 22 people, you will pay for 24 in total, although you will be better off bringing 24 if you can! If your school group is smaller than 6, then we recommend a suitable Families course if applicable to your group.
Please note: all prices quoted are for EVERY person attending a school course (pupils/service users, staff, care support workers etc) based on maximum occupancy of the rooms available.