We welcome a wide variety of school groups to the centre throughout the year and enjoy the benefits of a residential outdoor activity break. As a SENCO or school group residential leader, be rest assured that our facilities and activities are fully accessible with specialist adapted equipment operated by expert and experienced staff.
A school group is defined as a group of 12 or more people, which includes pupils/service users, staff, care support workers etc.
“We had an amazing time at Calvert Trust. We achieved more than we could have hoped for. We formed new friendships and made memories that will last a lifetime. We tried things that we never thought were possible!”
A residential ‘Learning Outside the Classroom’ visit should be fun for all involved, but with good planning, there can other additional benefits and quantifiable outcomes too. The degree to which these outcomes are achieved very much depends on whether your goals are recreational, educational, social, rehabilitative, or all of them! Both before and during your visit we will work with you to deliver your goals, with much of what we do being applicable to a ‘Skilled for Life’ or similar programme.
All school groups have access at certain times in the evenings to our state-of-the-art hydrotherapy pool and sensory room, plus use of the games room and sports hall. There are plenty of opportunities for socialising and team-building after a busy day of activities.Check Availability
Schools Information Pack
We have put together some teaching aids and information packs for use by schools, colleges and educational groups who are either thinking of making a booking or have already made a booking to the Calvert Trust. Show your students what they can look forward to when visiting the Calvert Trust Lakes!
School Group Bookings
As a school group, you will be able to:
- Book any time of year (except over Christmas and New Year), if we have availability.
- Choose your group size* from 12 up to a full-centre booking of 60 people (* please refer to our Group Pricing Policy below)
- Choose the duration of your stay:
– Weekends (2- or 3-nights, Friday – Sunday or Monday with 2 full days of activities)
– Midweeks (4-nights, Monday – Friday with 3 full days of activities)
– Full weeks (7-nights, usually Saturday – Saturday with 6 full days of activities)
- Tailor the activity programme to your pupils needs. Both before and during your visit we will work with you to deliver your goals. Following a pre-visit discussion with one of the Activity Managers, you can request a selection of our activities to suit your group. Whether your are interested in rehabilitation, building confidence and independence, developing social skills, or just having fun outdoors together, our experienced team will make the most of your school group’s visit to the centre.
- Bring any combination of ages, plus staff, volunteers or professional care workers if need be.
If your school or college have never been to the Lake District Calvert Trust before, are unsure what is involved, or if you would just like to ‘try before you buy’ you can always come up for a visit. A good way to do this is to join our Introductory Weekend in November 2019. This is free weekend for teachers/group leaders looking to bring a group of 12 or more (pupils + staff).
Group Pricing Policy.
Due to the logistics of running a course we have a group pricing policy, starting at a minimum group size of 12 people. This increases in groups of 6, up to 60 people (ie the next ‘price band’ is for 18 people, then 24, then 30 etc). If you therefore have a group of, for example, 22 people, you will pay for 24 in total, although you will be better off bringing 24 if you can! If your school group is smaller than 12, then we recommend a suitable Families course if applicable to your group.
Please note: all prices quoted are for EVERY person attending a school course (pupils/service users, staff, care support workers etc) based on maximum occupancy of the rooms available.