Outdoor Fun and Adventure at its Best
“What you do here, works.”
We welcome a wide variety of disability groups to the centre throughout the year. Irrespective of whether you are a charity, a sports club, a care organisation or an informal support network, you can bring your group to the Calvert Trust and enjoy the benefits of a residential outdoor activity break using our specialist facilities.
- We define a non-school group as bookings made on behalf of a formal or informal organisation where the number of attendees on the visit is 6 or more people (which includes carers, support workers etc).
“The Calvert Trust is a fantastic facility for those with additional needs. It has truly inspired our young people and gave the confidence to achieve.”Use our price calculator to compare prices for group size and time of year
Groups Information Pack
We have put together some information packs for use by group leaders of care organisations, large family or educational groups who are either thinking of making a booking or have already made a booking to the Calvert Trust. Show your group members what they can look forward to when visiting the Calvert Trust Lakes!
As a group of 12 or more you will be able to:
- Book any time of year (except over Christmas and New Year), if we have availability
- Choose your group size* from 12 up to a full-centre booking of 60 people (* please refer to our Group Pricing Policy below)
- Choose the duration of your stay:
– Weekends (2- or 3-nights, Friday – Sunday or Monday with 2 full days of activities)
– Midweeks (4-nights, Monday – Friday with 3 full days of activities)
– Full weeks (7-nights, usually Saturday – Saturday with 6 full days of activities)
- Tailor the activity programme to your group and individuals needs. Both before and during your visit we will work with you to deliver your goals. Following a pre-visit discussion with one of the Activity Managers, you can request a selection of our activities to suit your group. Whether your group is interested in rehabilitation, building confidence and independence, developing social skills, or just having fun outdoors together, our experienced team will make the most of your group’s visit to the centre.
- Bring any combination of ages, plus family members, friends, volunteers or professional care workers.
All groups have access at certain times in the evenings to our state-of-the-art hydrotherapy pool and sensory room, plus use of the games room and sports hall. There are plenty of opportunities for socialising and team-building after a busy day of activities.
If your charity group or organisation have never been to the Lake District Calvert Trust before, are unsure what is involved, or if you would just like to ‘try before you buy’ you can always come up for a visit. A good way to do this is to join our Introductory Weekend in November 2019. This is free weekend for group leaders looking to bring a group of 12 or more people.
Group Pricing Policy.
Due to the logistics of running a course we have a group pricing policy, starting at a minimum group size of 6 people. This increases in groups of 6, up to 60 people (ie the next ‘price band’ is for 12 people, then 18, then 24 etc). If you therefore have a group of, for example, 22 people, you will pay for 24 in total, although you will be better off bringing 24 if you can! If your group is smaller than 6, then we recommend a suitable Adults or Families course if applicable to your group.
Please note: all prices quoted are for EVERY person attending a group course (service users, staff or care support etc) based on maximum occupancy of the rooms available.
Benefits of the Calvert Trust
Bringing people together
Self-belief and confidence
An accessible environment
What groups have said...
“The experience has been great and our group has faced fears together, achieving things we never thought possible"
“One of our group was sure that they would not be able to attempt any of the activities and the trip be a waste of time. They went on to complete everything and will leave Keswick a more settled and confident person”
“Our service user spends most if not all of his time in a chair with a lot of equipment that is attached to the chair and himself. We were unsure whether or not they would be able to do any of the tasks but they was able to do everything, which was absolutely fantastic!”
"Being able to spend some social time together and see people in different situations has taught us all a lot about each other."
“The majority of our group are children and adults have dwarfism. It's fantastic to come together and be challenged and do things we never thought possible. Staff at the Calvert Trust are fantastic in helping us achieve that. It lifts our confidence and self-esteem in being able to return home and face everyday challenges of life. Thankyou everyone x”
“Everything was worthwhile from start to finish. Watching people achieving their goals daily and growing with confidence made my time at the Calvert trust Amazing”