Founded over 35 years ago, the Friends of Calvert Trust, Lake District was established as a separate charity (No. 1067899) in order to promote and support all aspects of the work by the Lake District Calvert Trust’s Centre.
In particular, the Friends raise money from subscriptions, donations, organised ticketed events and collections. All money raised goes to the Trust and is used to provide equipment, typically customised mini buses, which are essential for carrying visitors to offsite activities.
The majority of our Friends live locally in Cumbria and have been involved for many years, a true local and long term commitment. However, we are always looking for new Friends to join or support us through attending one of our fundraising events.
If you want to learn more about the benefits read on or, if you want to become a Friend, or attend our next event, click on the buttons below.
Benefits of Becoming a "Friend"
Pride of being a “Friend”
Get In Touch
If you would like to become a ‘Friend’ please complete a membership form.
Either download a form by clicking on this link Membership Form.
or contact us and we will send you a form in the post (see below).
This form can be used to:
- set up a Standing Order. The majority of ‘Friends’ pay their subscriptions and make donations this way. It is an easy method for us to administer so please consider this if you possibly can, or …
- send a cheque for a single year’s subscription (£15) (and any additional donation).
Gift Aid Attached to the membership form is a Gift Aid form. We claim Gift Aid on the subscriptions and donations of 90% of our current Friends. This adds considerably to the funds we raise, so please fill in this part if you possibly can.
If you have any questions or want us to send you a membership and/or Gift Aid form in the post please:
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to: Friends of the Calvert Trust, Little Crosthwaite, Keswick, CA12 4QD.
- Phone the Centre direct on 01768772255, leave a message and one of the Friends committee will get back to you.
Many thanks for your support
The Friends of Calvert Trust (Lake District) is a registered charity (Charity No. 1067899)