Would you like to come and sample our accessible activities and meet our dedicated instructors? Come and understand our philosophy of , ‘It’s what you can do that counts!’
Have a read of some of our latest feedback, sent to us following our Introductory Weekends in September and November 2018…
“Asif and Hannah are still talking about the weekend. They got so much from it. Thanks again.”
Broadfield SEN School
“Just a quick email to say what a fabulous, informative night/day we have had. It has really helped me gain a true insight into what the students will experience and has really supported me with my planning for the trip.”
Pendle Community High School
“Great weekend meeting all of our aims and easing any fears which will enable us to book!”
Piper Hill School
“Staff were extremely knowledgeable about the service on offer and the introductory talk covered the full range of activities available. As the centre was also in use by a group of young people we were also afforded the opportunity to observe them taking part in activities and using the equipment available with the support and guidance of caring, knowledgeable and professional staff. All in all an excellent weekend.”
Janet, Course Co-ordinator, Aberlour Options Adventures
Click here to watch and read more about the latest Intro Weekend in November 2018.
What Is An Introductory Weekend?
Our introduction weekends (Friday evening to Sunday afternoon) are FREE weekends, dependent upon our terms and conditions*, open to teachers and group leaders from schools, charities and care organisations that haven’t been to the Lake District Calvert Trust before to gain insight into how our centre and courses operate.
We make this offer for up to two people per organisation who may want to bring a group of 12 or more.
This is an opportunity to check us out before you commit; we are sure you will love our centre and what we can offer your group!
*Introductory Weekend Terms and Conditions
1. Eligibility - To be eligible to attend you must represent an organisation that has not previously visited the Lake District Calvert Trust. This offer is targeted at organisations that would be looking to bring groups of 12 people or more.
2. Exceptions - At the discretion of our bookings team, and subject to availability, it may be possible for representatives of organisations that have previously visited the Lake District Calvert Trust to attend this course if the individual representative concerned has not previously visited personally. Please contact our bookings team on 017687 72255 to discuss this matter.
3. Two Per Room - Allocation is based on 2 people sharing a twin room. We reserve the right to put same-sex individuals from different organisations in the same room.
4. Course Fees - FREE Places - An organisation may qualify for a maximum of two places on the Introductory Weekend free of charge. Further places may be available at an additional cost, subject to availability, by contacting our bookings team on 017687 72255.
5. Deposit Payments - As our Introductory Weekend is very popular we request a refundable deposit of £50 per person. This deposit will be returned immediately after participation in the introductory programme. This deposit may be forfeit under exceptional circumstances.
6. Cancellation Deposits - These are subject to the Amendment or Cancellation by You clause as found in our General Terms and Conditions. Available online and on request.
7. Course Fees - Chargeable under exceptional circumstances an additional charge may be levied for places on this course. See items 7. & 8. in our General Terms and Conditions.
8. Participation - the Introductory Weekend is designed to give participants as much information as possible about the Lake District Calvert Trust and is an opportunity for delegates to gain first-hand experience of a multi-activity course. Course delegates are expected to take an active role in the course programme.
9. Future promotion - We require your co-operation regarding the promotion of future Intro. Weekends; we reserve the right to take photos/film of everyone during the weekend and acquire feedback either on camera or/and via a questionnaire. We will be using information collected to promote future courses (on social media/web/newsletters etc).
10. Failure to Participate - Should course delegates abuse the good-will of the Trust and /or fail to participate in the Introductory Weekend programme to a satisfactory level this may result in the forfeit of deposit and/or a charge at the standard cost of a weekend activity course. This clause has unfortunately been implemented to reduce the prevalence of delegates using the Introductory Weekend as an opportunity for a free holiday.
When Do They Run?
2019: We are scheduled to run an Intro Weekend on Friday 25th to Sunday 27th October 2019 - further details available soon.
What Is Included?
The weekend includes accommodation for 2 nights (Friday and Saturday), full board meals, 3 taster activity sessions with our friendly instructors, question and answer session, site tour and facilities familiarisation.
It will also be possible to make provisional bookings and check availability before you leave us.
Activities can include a stables visit, rock and rope session, water activities, cycling, bushcraft and challenge activities. We cannot guarantee exactly which sessions will be available as they are allocated dependent on the needs of other groups booked in, weather etc.
Outdoor clothing is available should you need it. You are welcome to borrow waterproof trousers and coats, wellies and helmets.
Yes - just a refundable booking deposit required!
The weekend is free; we only request a booking deposit of £50 per person to hold the booking which is fully refundable after attendance of the introduction weekend.
This includes the accommodation, all main meals during your stay (including lunch) and the activity taster programme.
The only additional charge levied, would be if you require a single room, in which case we charge £35 per night.
How Do I Sign Up?
2019: We are scheduled to run an Intro Weekend on Fri 25th to Sun 27th October 2019 - further details available soon.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 017687 72255 to discuss or book your place.Contact Form