Calvert Lakes Bursary Funding
Because of the specialist nature of what we do, we need higher staffing levels and equipment expenditure than a standard residential activities centre, but we still want to be able to offer the same services at a similar cost. As a result around a third of our annual operating costs are underwritten by charitable donations, so effectively the cost of every visitor to the centre is supported through our fundraising. However, we recognise that for certain groups, be they Schools, Charities, Families or Adults, price may still be a barrier to visiting the centre and you may be looking for ways to help fund your visit.
Thanks to the hard work of our fundraising team, we have regular releases of bursary funding that can further help support your residential stay with us. Awarding this additional contribution is dependent on meeting criteria set out by our funders, but you have nothing to lose by giving us a call and finding out if you qualify.
- It is a requirement from the bursary funder that we provide them with feedback from your stay, in the form of a written report. We therefore will require feedback/information about your visit. We may therefore require a short chat during your stay with one of our staff members, for you to complete a post-visit questionnaire or feedback form, supplying or us taking photos/video of your stay and/or a quote. The information gathered will only be used for the funders internal use only, unless otherwise advised.
How do I qualify for Bursary Funding?
- Criteria vary by funder and may (for example) be specific to geographic location, age, disability, disadvantage, or other circumstances
- The maximum bursary funding available on any booking will be 30% of the full tariff price
- In addition to criteria as set out by our funders, priority of bursary allocation will be given to groups, families or individuals attending residential stays outside of the peak summer months
- During term time, priority of bursary allocation will be given to groups, families or individuals attending residential stays over weekends
- Any decisions on additional bursary support are made on a case by case basis by our bookings team