New for 2019, we’ve launched a series of short breaks that we’ve themed around a particular outdoor activity or event. They’re a great introduction to us if you’ve never been before, offering a great value break and a taste of what we offer!
Use our specialised accommodation and facilities as a base to explore the surrounding area, with each weekend offering a different half-day optional activity or event. If you’d like to try horse riding or trap driving, outdoor abseiling, zip wire and big swing, accessible cycling, or catamaran sailing, these weekends could be for you.
Starting from as little as £129 per person for some of the weekends on offer, these great value breaks include all food from arrival through to departure and the chance to access time slots in our hydrotherapy pool and sensory room.
New for 2019 – Themed Weekends: From £129 per person
Use our accessible accommodation as a base to explore the beautiful Lake District, with each 2 night weekend stay themed around a different optional 1/2 day activity or special event*.
- Sat 25th – Mon 27th May: Outdoor Abseiling @ £129
- Fri 14th – Mon 16th June: Zipwire and Swing @ £129 (stay Sunday night too if you’d like for an additional £50 per person)
- Fri 12th – Sun 14th July: Walk and Bushcraft @£129 (add Sunday night too for an additional £50 per person)
- Sat 17th – Mon 19th August: Accessible Cycling @ £129
- Sat 31st August – Mon 2nd September: Catamaran Sailing @ £149 – ONLY 3 SPACES REMAINING!
- Fri 13th – Sun 15th September: Memories Revived @ £199 – read more below
- Fri 11th – Sun 13th October: Catamaran Sailing @ £149
- Fri 25th – Sun 27th October: Accessible Cycling @ £129
- Fri 8th – Sun 10th November: Zipwire and Swing @ £129
- Fri 15th – Sun 17th November: Horse Riding/Trap Driving @ £129
- Fri 29th November – Sun 1st December: Christmas Extravaganza @ £149 – read more below
*Please note, all of our activities are weather dependent so may be subject to change at short notice. Available pool slots can vary as we are also open to the general public, please check with us for more info.
Memories Revived: Fri 13th - Sun 15th September @ £199
As a completely new idea, this 2 night weekend is specifically for those living with dementia and their carers. There are a number of studies that show people with dementia respond positively to stimuli from their childhood era, so our aim is to revive memories of times gone by at our fully accessible centre. The weekend begins with arrival on the Friday evening and a chance to meet the other attendees, followed by a full schedule on the Saturday:
- Day excursion: Ullswater Steamers, plus Lowther Castle and gardens
- Dinner featuring menu options from 50’s and 60’s
- A band playing classics from the 50’s and 60’s, with dancing demonstrations and support
All food and accommodation (Friday evening through to Sunday morning) is included in price, as are excursions and evening entertainments on the Saturday. Our accommodation is fully accessible to wheelchair users with every room having an en-suite wet-room. Hospital style raiseable beds, hoists and shower chairs are available on request if you need them.
Christmas Extravaganza: Fri 29th November - Sun 1st December 2019 @ £149
We are repeating our Christmas Extravaganza again for 2019! With a festive theme, the weekend is open to adults, families and groups of people looking to spend a merry weekend staying at our Centre in the Lake District. The weekend will involve:
– a day trip excursion to Bowness on Saturday
– Christmas dinner on the Saturday night
– an excursion to Keswick Victorian Fayre on Sunday
– a selection of Christmas Film showings throughout the weekend
– mince pie making
We provide transport for the excursions as listed during your stay and all meals are provided during the weekend.
You will also have full access to our on-site hydrotherapy pool and sensory room over the weekend.
Dates: Friday 29th November – Sunday 1st December 2019
Only £149 per person!